I love River Song from Doctor Who and yet you don’t really know anything about her. As soon as I saw her TARDIS inspired notebook, I knew I wanted it. To my surprise, it’s not for sale anywhere nor are there directions on how to make one! So I gave it a shot. I figured now is a good time considering the last episode ended like she was going to be blown up. But there’s still part 2 of the finale left.
I realize that my process is very long and I’m sure there’s better ways but, I always do things more complicated then they should be.
1) Measurements: I just used a small journal I had. River’s journal has grooves in it, so I measured out where it raises up. (pictured above)
2) Raised Layer: I glued 5 pages of construction pages together. Then I cut out the different sections in the construction paper according to the measurements. Then I glued them to the book. (pictured above)
3) Tape Layer: I covered the journal in tape and used the end of a small paint brush to push down the tape into the lowered grooves.
4) Paint: I’m not sure how many layers of paint I used, it was a lot. I used deep blue craft smart paint (which I have nicknamed TARDIS blue 😛 ). I used watered down black paint for the grooves.
5) Mod Podge (optional): I did a layer of matte Mod Podge over the book just to protect it a bit.
6) Inside (optional): I didn’t like the nasty brown paper inside the journal, so I covered it with a star pattern (which you can kinda see in the side picture).
Good Luck Whovians!